Monday, May 30, 2011

A Whale of a Tail

I was recently called to be the Humanitarian Leader at church. When I was first called to do this I laughed because I was the last person qualified to do this. I went over to get all the supplies from the past leader and she proceeded to inform me of the projects she was working on such as; quilting (sewing quilt tops together and binding the edges), crocheting beanies, sewing cloth blocks stuffing them and stitching up the sides. It was all I could do to keep my composure in her house. The only time I had ever used a sewing machine was in high school to sew the French flag and my mom was there to help the whole time. After many swear words, searching youtube, and taking a quick lesson I fumbled my way around the sewing machine enough to sew a quilt top in straight lines. During this process I realized sewing wasn't such a bad thing. I then proceeded to search youtube (my new best friend) for how to make a dog bed. I made a very large one for Brady and a very small one for Archie.

My next project was some new tail bags for the horses. We go through these things like crazy and I hate buying them. So here was my super exciting Friday night project. The Boise State fabric was more a joke than anything. I am really excited about this new hobby I have taken up and grateful for the opportunity to have learned it. Otherwise I probably would never have taken the time to learn.

1 comment:

Jannae said...

haha now you sew!