Thursday, May 19, 2011

Archie Kent

As I sit here busily working away on new projects I realize I never introduced the newest member of the Kent family. I have sleeping in my lap a very adorable little terror. Archie Kent is a mini dachshound or weiner dog, which ever you prefer. I have been in love with weiner dogs since I was little, for some reason whenever I see one they always bring a smile to my face. And I knew if we ever got another dog that is what I wanted. I also didn't want the traditional colors such as brown and black, I wanted a male and I wanted to get it when it was six weeks old. There is some dispute as to whether that is to young to get a puppy but that is when I got Brady it's a good age if you want to socialize them with other dogs and people. I really don't want a dog that is afraid of people or barks at other dogs, that drives me crazy.

About four weeks ago now we had our Idaho Horse Expo. I was working with the Des Arab Club at our booth and Nathan was working with some of the horses from the barn. There was a couple that had three six week old mini dachshounds and apparently Nathan saw them earlier in the week and failed to mention anything about them. Luckily for me we had a client who walked by and mentioned the adorable puppies that were there so I marched over and fell in love with this little face.
I can't say Nathan was super excited about it at first but honestly, how could you not fall in love with him.

So far Archie is anything but antisocial. He loves his big brother Brady, even though the feeling isn't mutual, and loves the other dogs on the property. Everyone loves him and he is happy to cuddle with anyone who will pet and love on him. He is a tiny terror sometimes and really likes to play, luckily it only lasts for about 30 minutes and then it's nap time. (Don't mind my jacked up look)

No comments: